Following the Workshop in June 2019 on “Parenting with Love and Logic” ®, Medicis Medical Center will host a new “Discussion Group on Parenting” for parents of children up to 10 years old.
Indeed, parenting has always been a challenge, even more during the present time. There is huge added value in learning alongside with other parents who are facing similar challenges and in exchanging different experiences!
Lives change when people come together in small groups to learn simple techniques and benefit from individualized, ongoing guidance.
A Discussion Group has a small number of participants, from a minimum of 6 to a maximum of 10. This setting allows people to focus on their own issues and find concrete solutions, rather than being lectured on general theoretical approaches.
Ms Foti will lead a first cycle of Discussion Group from 19:15 to 20:45 on the following Mondays:
During these five meetings, you will have the chance to focus on specific issues you deal with your child/ren and you will:
- Receive practical tools you can use right away
- Learn how to implement discipline without losing your child’s love and respect
- Learn how to support your child/ren in developing a stronger self-esteem, personal responsibility and ability to make smart choices
The following “Love and Logic” ® techniques will be explained during these five meetings:
- Handling misbehavior without breaking a sweat: “brain-dead” technique
- Teaching kids to listen the first time: the “Uh-oh song" technique
- Avoiding power struggles: "options giving" technique
- Setting up limits in a loving way and follow through: “enforceable statements” technique
- What to do when your kids leave you speechless: “energy-drain" technique
What you will not find during the sessions:
- You won’t just get theory.
- You won’t hear the same old psychobabble.
- You won’t find yourself falling asleep.
English will be the language used.
The participation fee is 200,00€ per person for the whole cycle of five meetings and it is due by 05/10/2019. This amount is usually partially reimbursed by National or Private Insurance Health Systems.
For organizational needs, registration is required by September 15th, 2019 by emailing to:
Please specify the age-range of your children (0-5 or 5-10).
If the minimum number of 6 participants is not achieved, the meetings will be cancelled. If there will be more than 10 requests, another Discussion Group will be set up on other dates.
Thanks to share these information with anybody you know that might be interested in this initiative.