Dietetics is the science of food in all its details and implications of diet on health.
Dietetics implies knowledge and control of:
• the nutritional physiology: digestion, absorption and utilization of nutrients by the body
• specific physiological states: pregnancy, lactation, growth, childhood, adolescence, senior ...
• diseases related to nutrition and their medical and dietetic support (overweight, obesity, hypercholesterolemia, diabetes, hypertension, renal failure, malnutrition, eating disorders, gluten intolerance, lactose intolerance, food allergies, underweight, gastroesophageal reflux ...)
• the composition of food
• food preparation techniques and knowledge of multiple types of cooking
• manufacturing processes industrial food
• food hygiene and means of food preservation
The dietitian is the nutrition specialist, he graduated from high school (3 years full time).
His training considered all aspects of food and the links between diet and health.
Belgian dietitians are armed with a solid scientific background in nutrition and food composition. This training meets the requirements of the Royal Decree of 19 February 1997.
At Medicis, the dieticians can also carry out consultations specialized in sports nutrition:
• natural optimization of performances
• weight management
• Management of glycogen, especially before and during a competition
• Determine, in consultation with your doctor and / or kinesitherapist, the type of sport that suits you best according to your goal